Now more than ever, it’s important for firm’s to utilize positive tools in order to win and keep government business. Here are a few keys to contracting success in the evolving government environment:
1. Offer superior product: Providing great products and services that meet your customers’ needs at an affordable price is always fundamental to success.
2. Ensure your firm is qualified to do government business: Are you compliant? Can your company withstand a contractor purchasing system review (CPSR) or Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audit? Are you registered and licensed to do business? Did you pay your taxes?
3. Know you market: As far as government contracts, this means understanding agency authorization and appropriations language, attending industry days, as well as understanding past performance indicators that may help or hinder your business prospects.
4. Understand government contracting statutes, regulations, and policy: While it can be daunting initially, creating a culture of corporate acquisition knowledge will benefit your organization in the long term.
5. Find opportunities to meet and develop relationships with customer program and contracting officials: Be actively involved with professional associations and events where both government and industry communities are engaged.
To read the entire article, visit www.federaltimes.com.